By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Certain areas and features of our Site and Services, such as course offerings, require registration. To register for Services, such as educational course offerings, you must provide your first/last name, a username, email, and password. We also may collect additional information from you, including your photo, school name, program, instructor/professor name, course number, course name, and any information or material you provide in connection with any courses that you take. In addition, if you make a purchase, we will also request that you provide your credit or debit card information and your billing and shipping address.
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your username, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
• To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
• For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
• To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
• LifePrep Academy Users. Your username and any information that you post to our Site or Services, including, without limitation, photos, videos, reviews, comments, and text that you agree to share through course offerings will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services, including users of LifePrep Academy (“LifePrep Academy Users”).
• Educational Institutions/Sponsoring Organizations. If you have registered for our course offerings through an educational institution or a sponsoring organization, your registration data, progress data, pre/post-test and reflective question data will be shared with that educational institution or sponsoring organization for their administrative purposes, as applicable. All other information you may provide throughout the course as part of course work is only shared if you elect to share such information.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Please note that except as noted above, we will not sell or share your personal information with any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling may impair use of the Site and Services.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
• Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
• Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will not be able to browse certain areas of the Site or use the Services.
We may invite you to post content on or through public areas of our Site or Services, including your comments, photos, videos, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site or Services. In addition, our course offerings include features that allow you to share your information and content with other students or faculty members.
Please note, however, that if you post such content to public areas of our Site or Services or opt-in to share your information and content in connection with course offerings, all of the information or content that you post may be available to other visitors or registered users of our Site or Services. Your posting and content may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services contains links to third-party websites. Except as noted above, any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may modify personal information that you have submitted in connection with a course offering by logging into your account and updating your profile information through the Site. Please contact LifePrep Academy at email@example.com for how to access and update such information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us, including course offerings.
Our Site and Services are designed for middle and high school age children. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information other than what is supplied by their school, we will delete such information from our systems.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site, or at https://www.lifeprepacademy.org/privacy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or if you have an account with us, providing notice to the email address in your account (for this reason you should make sure to update your account information promptly if it changes).