1. The LifePrep Academy curriculum was adapted from the Los Angeles County Office of Education's "Life After High School" guide - used by thousands of counselors to advise millions of students since 1974. LifePrep Academy Digital is the perfect resource for schools and districts that provide iPads, Chromebooks or other devices for their students. Annual site licenses can provide curriculum access for students and their families on computers, tablets or smartphones.
2. We offer schools and districts a cost effective complement or alternative to Naviance, Xello and other online programs for achieving their LCAP parent engagement goals. Professional development trainings are available for counselors, teachers and administrators - along with in-person or virtual trainings for students and parents.
3. By empowering families to advocate for their child’s transition to life after high school, we can increase the number of low-to-middle income and first generation youth that graduate from high school college ready and prepared to enter the workforce.
"I am confident the LifePrep Academy program will assist high school students in navigating
through the opportunities available and allow them to excel in universities, in their careers and in their communities."
Assemblymember Reginald Jones-Sawyer, Sr.
California's 59th District, Chair-Committee on Ending School to Prison Pipeline
Our in-person and virtual Parent Engagement training sessions are designed to help schools engage families and achieve their LCAP parent outreach goals. Our sessions teach students and their parents how to:
• build the college knowledge, attitudes and skills they need to graduate from high school
• assess students learning styles, personal interests and career goals
• understand the financial aid process and the financial aid available to them
• navigate the complex college admissions and selection process
• develop an academic plan to help youth succeed and achieve their dreams
* Workshops available in English and Spanish language.
LifePrep Academy professional development sessions are designed for school counselors and college-career staff.
Our workshops teach participants how to navigate the LifePrep Academy curriculum to access key information and resources and as a tool to facilitate communication and collaboration with parents. Participants learn to apply tools and strategies designed to support parent involvement in college and career planning, while building confidence in their ability to work effectively with parents and improve student achievement.